Mayor to officially open Fenland bookshop’s new premises.
LOCAL independent booksellers Fully Booked of Wisbech have moved from their Hill Street shop to larger, more prominent premises at 13 High Street.
The new premises have allowed the business to expand its shelf space and presence in the town centre.
Proprietor Marylyn Bolton-Coker said that although her old shop was a nice size, being on two storeys was not ideal for customer access.
The move has allowed Fully Booked, which opened last October, to increase its shelf space from seven to thirteen bookcases.
The new shop has been open for two weeks and custom has been steadily increasing, particularly attracting tourists through its growing local history section.
Mrs Bolton-Coker said of the decision to move ‘we took a chance and the response so far has been brilliant.’
To celebrate, the new shop will be officially opened at 10:30 am on Saturday 28th August by the Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech, Mr Nicholas Meekins and Mrs Sara Meekins. The event will also be attended by the Town Beadle Mr Alistair Hopkins.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 9 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 10 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
Throughout the day, the shop is running a number of special promotions, including a raffle, and every customer making purchases over �10 will receive a free bar of chocolate.
Mrs Bolton-Coker said ‘We’re delighted that the Mayor and his party have agreed to help us celebrate our move and are looking forward to a fun day with existing and new customers.’
As one of the few fully independent bookshops in the area, Fully Booked faces competition from chain stores. However, Mrs Bolton-Coker remarked that her individual service allows her to stock books of special interest to her customers.
Her husband, a professional book buyer of 16 years can also use his expertise of the industry to allow the shop to stock the latest up and coming titles.
Fully Booked offer a range of books, including children’s, cookery, general interest, puzzle books, fiction and non fiction, as well as a popular exchange scheme.