Mayor Richard Hobbs welcome other council heads and guests to the annual City of Ely civic ball
- Credit: Archant
With the mayor 10 months into his 12 month term of office, you might be forgiven for thinking Councillor Richard Hobbs and his wife Pat have begun to flag a little,
But then you would be wrong.
For he was at his heartiest and most welcome as he chatted to other civic leaders – many who have become friends during both his and their stint as mayor or local authority chairmen – at the City of Ely civic ball.
In their droves they lined up to be greeted, and personally welcomed, by the mayor and his wife during a gala evening at The Maltings. It is the mayor’s fourth time as holder of the office.
Once guests sat down to sumptuous meal, there was plenty of both laugh about – and to reflect upon – as Ely and Cambridgeshire undergo massive change.
You may also want to watch:
Devolution has partly been responsible but for one evening that was forgotten as guests enjoyed dinner and took part in fund raising for Pos+Ability, a charity providing chair-based exercise and personal fitness for stroke survivors and people living with long-term neurological conditions.
He charity benefited by around £2,000.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia