McDonald’s in Wisbech is open again after it was shut for six weeks for a major make over
- Credit: Archant
McDonald’s in Wisbech opened its doors to customers again today with a brand new high tech look after it was shut for the school holidays for a make over.
The store on Cromwell Road has been given “a major digital makeover following significant investment from local franchisee Matthew Jarrett.”
Mr Jarrett, who owns and operates the Wisbech branch, said: “We’re anticipating the changes we’re making will affect how our customers use it, with those who used to pop in for a quick bite staying longer to use the tech we have on offer.
“I’m excited to be re-opening the restaurant and can’t wait to hear what my customers and staff think of the new features.”
A McDonald’s spokesman said there is table service to take the stress out of finding somewhere to sit when carrying food, potentially with children, bags and buggies.
You may also want to watch:
There is also the self-order kiosks designed to speed up ordering.
“These allow visitors to browse the menu, look at nutritional information and personalise their meals, giving people more time to consider their food and drink choices.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
“The changes have been designed with changing customer needs in mind, and the dedicated dining room hosts will ensure the process is as quick and easy as possible.
“With innovations led by improving the customer experience, these major digital changes will benefit everyone,” the spokesman said.