McDonalds supports local Street Pride groups in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A group of village volunteers are ‘lovin’ it’ after getting a helping hand from McDonalds.
Staff from the restaurant in Cromwell Road, Wisbech, joined members of Tydd St Giles Street Pride for a litter pick in the village on Saturday, April 7, and also donated new equipment to the group.
The restaurant is keen to support Fenland’s Street Pride groups, attending a number of their community events and donating equipment last year.
The next event staff will be joining is Elm Street Pride’s litter pick on Saturday, May 5.
A spokesman for Wisbech McDonalds said: “We always enjoy attending Street Pride events with local groups in our community, and donating equipment to help is the least we can do. We think it’s important to help keep our streets tidy and have plans to attend more litter picks throughout the course of the year.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about Fenland’s Street Pride groups, and to get involved, contact Rebecca Robinett, Fenland District Council’s Street Pride co-ordinator, on 01354 654321 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told