Meadowgate School joins hundreds across Cambridgeshire who fund raised for the world’s biggest coffee morning
- Credit: Archant
Meadowgate school in Wisbech held a fund raising Macmillan coffee morning in their on-site tea shop, Bramley’s.
Parents, staff, students and visitors enjoyed cakes and coffee.
The event raised £159.70 and the school has sent a big thank everyone for their support.
Since starting in 1990, the event has raised more than £138 million for people facing cancer.
Last year 1,320 Macmillan World’s Biggest Coffee Mornings were held in Cambridgeshire raising £299,400 for the charity that provides essential support for people affected by cancer
You may also want to watch:
Jess Levin, Macmillan’s fundraising manager for Cambridgeshire, said: ‘We want to make sure no one has to face cancer alone but we can’t do it without the amazing people who fundraise for us.
“We rely on the generosity of our supporters for more than 99 per cent of our income. Coffee mornings are a great way to have fun and raise vital funds.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend