Meadowgate School pupils put best foot forward
THE weather was kind on Sunday when young people and leaders from the Meadowgate School, Wisbech took part in a sponsored walk around a 1km circuit at Hinchingbrooke Park in Huntingdon. The event was staged to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Duke of
THE weather was kind on Sunday when young people and leaders from the Meadowgate School, Wisbech took part in a sponsored walk around a 1km circuit at Hinchingbrooke Park in Huntingdon.
The event was staged to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award and coincided with many other 50/50 Challenges throughout the UK.
Cambridgeshire's contribution to the Award's celebrations was to organise the 50/50 Challenge at Hinchingbrooke Park which required each team to walk 50km. Each lap of the circuit represented one year of the Award's successful history. Participants and leaders walked between 5km and 17km to achieve the team total of 50km.
As the weather changed from mist and drizzle to sunshine the walk ended up very warm and everyone agreed that it had been a lot of fun and well worth doing.
You may also want to watch:
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award is very popular in Cambridgeshire with over 2,500 young people participating in 40 groups across the country. - To find out more about the award near you visit www.cambsaward.org or ring 01223 718476
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend