Medals for Wisbech as Elgood’s Brewery take gold and silver in the International Beer Challenge
BRITAIN’S Olympians have been the toast of the country this month - but they haven’t been the only ones winning medals.
That’s because Elgood & Sons, in Wisbech, have triumphed at the International Beer Challenge 2012.
The Fenland brewers won a gold medal for their Sandringham Diamond Ale - a limited edition beer brewed exclusively for Marks & Spencer to mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
They sealed a successful contest by claiming silver with one of their newest bottled products, Elgood’s Warrior - a traditional ale.
A spokesman for Elgood’s said: “Our company is delighted to receive this recognition of our continued commitment to the production of quality traditional ales.”
You may also want to watch:
The brewery had more to celebrate after they raised more than �700 for the National Gardens Scheme with an open day at the Elgood’s Brewery Garden.
The money raised will be distributed by NGS to various charities, including Macmillan Cancer Support, Marie Curie Cancer Care and Help the Hospices.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend