Meet the finalists of the Fenland Enterprise Business Awards 2018: Part Two
PUBLISHED: 07:18 17 August 2018
Johnston Press Resell
Shaun Hindle, College of West Anglia
Shaun, who is the director of employer engagement at CWA, is to lead, develop, co-ordinate and monitor the quality of employer engagement provision across the college with a particular focus on positioning CWA as the preferred apprenticeship provider across our region.
1. To work directly to the principal to ensure effective engagement with employers; personally and through the central employer engagement team, partnerships and faculty driven initiatives
2. To work closely with local and strategic partners, including LEP’s, to support the growth and socio-economic prosperity of the local area and other shared priorities
3. To lead the development of high quality apprenticeships, work place learning programmes & customised programmes for employers
4. To oversee the quality of all partnership / sub-contract provision
5. To maximise competitive tendering and bidding opportunities including esf programmes
6. To oversee successful delivery of esf and workbased contracts
7. To be responsible for instigating budgetary controls in respect of Employer Engagement and
Work Based Learning
8. To work closely with the Vice Principal Curriculum & Learning, to lead the development of HE growth through employer focussed programmes, higher apprenticeships, degree apprenticeships and professional & technical short courses
Claire Lilley, Optima Sales Lettings
Optima is an independent estate agent covering residential and commercial sales and lettings and block management. We have three branches covering all of Fenland.
Claire Lilley is a director of Premier Properties Management Ltd t/a Optima. She is about to become sole director with sole responsibility for this three-branch company including development, marketing strategies, compliance whilst continuing to manage client accounts.
Claire worked with web designers to create a new website which was launched in September 2017 and this year we have updated our sales and lettings software to be fully GDPR compliant taking on the new challenges that that entails.
We cover all of Fenland across our three branches making us the largest independent agent in the area. We are ARLA and NAEA compliant in advance of Regulation of the industry which is likely to come into force soon. Claire herself has the qualifications required for both sales and lettings with a level 5 lettings qualification. This puts us a step ahead of much of the competition who will have to take major steps to meet the Regulation’s requirements once they are imposed. At the time of entry we have not received accounts for the financial year ending 28th February 2018 but based on our pre-liminary figures we are confident that there will be a further increase which will mean that we have continued with our year on year improvement and increased turnover and profit.
As an employer, Claire works hard to maintain a relaxed and happy atmosphere at work. Staff are encouraged to develop a good client relationship and take time to build this. Whilst there are financial incentives to encourage the sales team, they are not target driven as they would be in similar agencies because Claire does not believe that this is the best way to get performance from them.
Mike Frost, iTech Security Limited
We install and maintain intruder alarms, CCTV systems, Access Control, Automated Gates and Barriers. From domestic to commercial we are accredited by the SSAIB for insurance and Police recognition.
Mike Frost is the Managing Director of iTech Security Ltd.
He is responsible for the day to day running of the company, and undertakes all surveys and initial contact with clients.
He also sets and maintains budgets in the company. Mike also deals on daily basis with engineers diaries and communicating requirements for the job they are doing.
Mike is wholly responsible for gaining new work and contracts for the company. Basically, the buck stops here.
Austen Adams, Metalcraft
Austen Adams – Managing Director Austen is responsible for the overall performance of the Metalcraft business and for creating an environment for everyone within the business to carry out their job function to align with the overall business strategy.
In addition to MD responsibility at Metalcraft, Austen is also MD of nine other businesses mainly in the UK but also including 2 businesses in China.
Austen also has overall responsibility for the Avingtrans Medical and Energy Divisions.