MEET THE CANDIDATES: Alex Miscandlon (Conservative)
ALEX Miscandlon is the man chosen by the Conservative party to stand in Benwick, Coates and Eastrea in place of Pam Potts who has retired from local politics.
Alexander (known as Alex to most people) has been married to Pat for 43 years. They have lived in Coates for the last 26 years and he has made many good friends in the area. His son and family live in Whittlesey where there daughters attend Alderman Jacobs School.
Until his retirement two years ago, he worked for a Peterborough company as a senior tool maker. He has also been an examiner and trainer for the British Motorcycle Federation (BMF) trying to make the roads a safer place for all motorists.
Alex said: “Now I have retired I feel it is my time to put something back into the community where I live. Pam Potts has been an outstanding councillor for this ward and I wish her well in her retirement.
“With your support on May 5, I am looking forward to working closely with Ralph Butcher on the challenges ahead that our unique rural communities face.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Potts said: “I am very happy to endorse Alex Miscandlon to stand for Benwick, Coates and Eastrea Ward as a Conservative candidate. I know he will represent the ward extremely well.
“He is most capable and has a good understanding of the responsibilities required of him. I fully support his standing as my replacement.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run