MEET THE CANDIDATES: Ann Purt (Labour)
ANN Purt stands in the Clarkson Ward in the Fenland District Council elections
Ann is a former Wisbech town councillor and Mayor of Wisbech.
She is a freelance florist and previously taught floristry at the local horticultural college. She is also an examiner and external verifier for City & Guilds.
She has in the past served as a non-executive director of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital NHS Trust and because of this she is deeply concerned with the proposed changes to future NHS provision.
Having spent most of her working life in education she continues to have an interest in the education of our young children and is currently a governor at Orchards and Nene Schools.
You may also want to watch:
Ann said: “If the voice of Wisbech is to be heard at Fenland then it is vital that we have as many Labour councillors as possible
“I would urge you all to use your vote to support those who have the will to make things happen - the Labour candidates.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s