MEET THE CANDIDATES: David Connor (Conservative)
DAVID Connor is the Conservative candidate contesting the Fenland District Council elections on May 5.
DAVID has been in business in March for more than 30 years operating a car vehicle dismantling and recycling firm. He is married to Gail and has one son, three stepchildren and two grandchildren.
He believes a Doddington resident who can provide a strong voice for the village and rural issues in general should represent Doddington on Fenland District Council. The growth of mindless vandalism is one of his major concerns. In addition speeding in the village continues to be a problem.
He is committed to preserving our unique village community by supporting the array of voluntary organisations and improving services.
The council is faced with making difficult choices in these days of reducing the financial burden brought about by the toxic deficit facing the country. Local government is not immune from the problem.
You may also want to watch:
As a businessman of long standing, David Connor believes he can contribute to the Council’s decision-making process and at the same time look after the interests of the residents of Doddington.
Retiring Doddington councillor Geoff Harper, a former leader, said: “I have represented Doddington on Fenland District Council for the past 12 years. I would like to thank residents for the support over those years. It is now time to move on and elect a new councillor.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 8 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Residents make most of lockdown easing as Christmas comes early
“I am delighted to recommend David Connor to succeed me in the role of District Councillor and urge you to vote for him on Thursday May 5.”