MEET THE CANDIDATES: David Goode (Labour)
DAVID Goode will be standing in Parson Drove and Wisbech St. Mary Ward for Fenland District Council.
David has lived in Parson Drove his whole life and has been heavily involved in his community, including being a former chairman of governors at Payne Primary School.
David is married to Tina, with two teenage daughters. He has worked in Wisbech for 34 years and in the past he has been a Unite (TGWU) full-time convenor.
David said: “I put my name forward as having teenage children makes me very concerned about the future of not only our local area but that of Fenland as a whole.
“I am proud to have lived in Parson Drove all of my life and can appreciate the needs of rural areas far better than someone who lives in a town.
You may also want to watch:
“If elected my aim is to campaign for better public transport within the ward, provide greater assistance for community-based projects, support our post offices and look at improving road safety in the area, starting with the problems at Swan Bridge junction.
“I promise to do my very best to see that the needs of the ward are appreciated by Fenland District Council and I will work for the interests of local residents.”
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 4 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 5 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 6 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 7 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Couple's puzzle library raises £2,000 for foodbank
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections