MEET THE CANDIDATES: David Goode (Labour)
DAVID Goode will be standing in Parson Drove and Wisbech St. Mary Ward for Fenland District Council.
David has lived in Parson Drove his whole life and has been heavily involved in his community, including being a former chairman of governors at Payne Primary School.
David is married to Tina, with two teenage daughters. He has worked in Wisbech for 34 years and in the past he has been a Unite (TGWU) full-time convenor.
David said: “I put my name forward as having teenage children makes me very concerned about the future of not only our local area but that of Fenland as a whole.
“I am proud to have lived in Parson Drove all of my life and can appreciate the needs of rural areas far better than someone who lives in a town.
You may also want to watch:
“If elected my aim is to campaign for better public transport within the ward, provide greater assistance for community-based projects, support our post offices and look at improving road safety in the area, starting with the problems at Swan Bridge junction.
“I promise to do my very best to see that the needs of the ward are appreciated by Fenland District Council and I will work for the interests of local residents.”
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash