MEET THE CANDIDATES: David Lewis (Labour)
DAVID Lewis will stand in Delph Ward for Fenland District Council.
David has lived with his wife Sally in Whittlesey for 23 years.
He was a Labour councillor between 1995 and 2003.
He has spent most of his working life in the animation industry, making programmes for television. For the last six years he has been teaching at Peterborough Regional College.
David said: “I am acutely aware of how the loss of the Education Maintenance Allowance and the outrageous hike in tuition fees will ruin the opportunities of so many young people who would like to gain the qualifications that will help them do their best in our competitive society.
You may also want to watch:
“If access to education is restricted to the rich, that society will be the poorer for the missed opportunities of talented people.”
- 1 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 2 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 8 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years