MEET THE CANDIDATES: Derek Stebbing (Conservative)
DEREK Stebbing is standing in the St. Andrews ward as a Conservative candidate.
2 Plover Road, Whittlesey, Peterborough PE7 1YU
Tel: 01733 208372
Derek is married to Margaret with two sons, both educated at the Whittlesey schools.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We chose to move into Whittlesey 34 years ago from my home town of Wisbech, where I had attended the Wisbech Grammar School.
“After qualifying as a chartered design engineer and a period in the Armed Forces I settled and worked locally, eventually running my own company.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 9 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 10 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
“During the last 30 years I have served 20 years on the governing bodies of two local schools and the past four years as a councillor on Whittlesey Town Council, including two years as Whittlesey Town Mayor.
“I am proud to have been a member of the team responsible for the improvements to the allotments, the move to new offices and the regeneration of the Market Square.
“One of my aims at Fenland District Council will be to improve the local infrastructure to enable commercial development thus bringing employment to the town.
“I am also proud to have lead the town council during the last two years and David Mason will make a positive contribution in the formation of the plans for the future development of the town.”