MEET THE CANDIDATES: Florence Newell (Chatteris)
FLORENCE Newell is the Conservative candidate for Slade Lode ward in Chatteris.
7 Turnbull Road, March, Cambs PE15 9RX
Tel: 01354 651001 E-mail: email@example.com
“I have worked hard for the people of Chatteris and I would like to continue for the next 4 years.
“I help people with many problems such as housing, environment, form filling and many others. I was one of the leaders that led to the refurbishment of the King Edward Centre and obtaining the 99-year lease.
“In addition, together with my Conservative colleagues (no-one can work alone) we have an updated skateboard park, successfully started on the all-weather sports pitch plus additional football pitches and obtained funding for Phase two for the 50 station gym and dance studio to begin. We are currently looking at options for Phase 3, the swimming pool and also a BMX track.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 3 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 4 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
“I am involved in the Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme for Cromwell Community College and an LEA Governor at the college. As Chairman of the Museum Trust, Trustee for the Feoffe Charity, Member of C.A.F.Y, Sport Chatteris and the George Clare Patients Group, I believe my commitment to Chatteris and its residents speaks for itself.
“Please support me with your vote on 5th May and I pledge to continue to provide a strong voice and active involvement in obtaining the infrastructure and facilities this town needs.”