MEET THE CANDIDATES: James Carney (Conservative)
JAMES Carney is the Conservative candidate for Manea in the Fenland District Council elections.
Tel: 07866 623783
JAMES Carney is 31 years old and grew up in Fenland. He works for Caterpillar Logistics Services as a Shipping Administrator and comes from a hard-working, strong and supportive family background.
You may also want to watch:
James said: “I am standing as the Conservative candidate because I believe that Manea deserves the strong voice that only a member of a major party can give it.
“I also firmly believe that being a councillor is a privilege and that the electorate chooses you as the most effective and honest person to represent them.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 6 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
“All I promise is that I will be accessible and that I will do my best to be a strong and progressive voice for Manea.
“I was educated locally, having attended the Queen’s School, Wisbech and then the Neale-Wade Community College Sixth Form at March. I then went on to Harper-Adams University College in Shropshire and gained a BSc in Agri-food Marketing and Business Studies.
“True to strong Conservative values, I believe anybody from any background has the right to get on in life through working hard, looking out for family and friends and putting something back into the community, without ‘big brother’ telling you what you should or shouldn’t do with your life.
“Before I moved from Murrow, I served on Wisbech St Mary Parish Council for nearly two years. I am therefore committed to preserving our unique Fenland village communities such as Manea by improving their services, or by fighting to retain them.
“Outside of politics, I have been an active member of the Young Farmers for eight years and served as chairman for two years, and I am now an Advisory Committee member.
“Through the Young Farmers I have been involved in many charity fundraising activities, including Marie Curie Cancer Care, Air Ambulance and the Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution, which helps anyone involved in agriculture facing difficult circumstances.
“I’m offering you, the people of Manea, a fresh and realistic choice. Please vote for me on May 5.”