MEET THE CANDIDATES: Jan French (Conservative)
JAN French stands for re-election in March West on May 5.
Woodville, Wisbech Road, March PE15 0BA
Tel: 01354 655099
JAN has been your district councillor since 1999. Over that time she has worked tirelessly for the benefits of March on many issues.
You may also want to watch:
When she and her fellow councillors were elected it was widely known about flooding issues in March which had been there for many years. Although it has taken time to resolve, major progress has been made in particular to Sycamore Drive and Ellingham Avenue. With �300,000 funding provided, this major work programme should be carried out and complete within the next few weeks.
Jan is the chairman of the Overview and Scrutiny Policy Committee and has been reviewing the whole of the council’s constitution, removing and updating old and inappropriate parts of the document.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 7 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 8 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
The council has now introduced public speaking to the full council and Cabinet meetings in order for members of the public to question decisions that are up for discussion and to be open and transparent.
Over the years Jan has persistently examined section 106 money due by developers; through that work over �500,000 has been spent in March alone for the benefit of the community.
Jan managed through her committee to reinstate the charity stalls in all towns free of charge and have a stall available on request.
There have been challenges getting roads adopted by Cambridgeshire County Council but we have made great progress are we are now seeing roads being adopted.
Jan asks for your support at the elections as she would like to continue the work that she has already started to improve our town centre and many other issues that are outstanding.