MEET THE CANDIDATES: John Chambers (Conservative)
John Chambers is the Conservative candidate for The Mills ward in Chatteris.
3 West Street, Chatteris PE16 6HA
Tel: 07771 965507
John was honoured to be elected as your Fenland District and Chatteris Town Councillor for The Mills Ward, following the sad death of Ray German.
He has lived in Chatteris all his life and was brought up in Tithe Road and educated at the Cromwell School. His family are all residents of Chatteris. On leaving school, John completed a five-year plumbing and heating apprenticeship with D.G. Broughton until leaving to join his father and brother in the family’s building company in 1972.
In 1985 he formed the Chatteris Christmas Lights Committee with Alan Melton and friends and he was Chairman of the committee for 10 years. Currently, John is the Chairman of Chatteris Conservative Club, holding the position for the past 7 years.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
On retiring from the family business in 2006, John set up a small building company in which he is still actively involved.
John said: “Since being elected I have been proud to be part of the team delivering for Chatteris. I currently serve on the Overview and Scrutiny Committee at Fenland. I am approachable and always willing to help with the issues raised with me by residents.
“With your support on May 5th, I would like to continue serving you, the people of Chatteris.”