MEET THE CANDIDATES: Jonathan Farmer (Conservative)
JONATHAN Farmer is the Conservative candidate for Medworth
19 South Brink, Wisbech PE13 1JQ
Tel: 01945 580239
JONATHAN Farmer represents you and the other electors of Medworth Ward on both the District Council and the Town Council. Medworth Ward is the electoral area of Wisbech that both you and Jonathan live in.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan, 53, is married and lives with his wife Susanah on South Brink. He served as Mayor of Wisbech in 2008-2009 and is currently the Deputy Mayor of Wisbech.
He is a member of Fenland District Council’s Corporate Governance Committee, Staff Committee, Overview and Scrutiny Performance Panel and the Licensing Committee.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 5 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 6 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 10 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
Jonathan is also a member of Wisbech Town Council’s Allotment, Civic Amenities, Planning and the Finance and General Purposes Committees.
He has served on the Planning Committee of Fenland District Council and has been a member of Fenland District Council’s cabinet.
He was responsible for the introduction of recycling to large areas of Fenland, reduced considerably the time taken to remove and dispose of scrap cars, improved the administration of the council run cemeteries and increased the number of litter bins in Wisbech.
Jonathan persuaded Wisbech Town Council to provide funding to enable the first new grit bin in Wisbech to be sited in Medworth Ward and to agree to continue to add more bins in the future.
Jonathan is a former officer in the Territorial Army and served with the Regular Army in Bosnia and is also a member of the Hundred of Wisbech Internal Drainage Board, a trustee of a national charity and a churchgoer.
In early 2010 Jonathan was a senior member of a an election monitoring team in war-torn Southern Sudan helping to validate the first free elections in 25 years.