MEET THE CANDIDATES: Ken Mayor (Conservative)
KEN Mayor is the Conservative candidate for Bassenhally.
19 Bowker Way
KEN has lived in Whittlesey for 30 years. Married to Kay they have two sons, both of whom were educated at Alderman Jacobs Primary School and the Sir Harry Smith Community College.
Ken has been the Whittlesey Town Council and Fenland District Council representative for the Bassenhally ward for the past eight years.
You may also want to watch:
Ken is a past Chairman of Whittlesey Town Council and currently serves on the Finance Committee.
Ken said: “I have always worked hard for the interests of the town in trying to make Whittlesey a good place to live, work and visit”.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 3 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 6 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
He is currently a Cabinet Member on Fenland District Council with portfolio responsibilities for Safer and Stronger Communities (law and order, anti-social behaviour, CCTV etc.), Quality Organisation (Council services), Chairman of The Safer Fenland Partnership, Chairman of the Staff Committee and a member of the Corporate Governance Committee.
He is also a founder member of the Senior Citizens Advisory Group which gives advice to, and looks after the interests of the older residents of Fenland.
Ken can assure you that if you support him with your vote he will continue to work to the best of his ability for the interests of the residents of Whittlesey and Fenland.