MEET THE CANDIDATES: Ken Mayor (Conservative)
KEN Mayor is the Conservative candidate for Bassenhally.
19 Bowker Way
KEN has lived in Whittlesey for 30 years. Married to Kay they have two sons, both of whom were educated at Alderman Jacobs Primary School and the Sir Harry Smith Community College.
Ken has been the Whittlesey Town Council and Fenland District Council representative for the Bassenhally ward for the past eight years.
You may also want to watch:
Ken is a past Chairman of Whittlesey Town Council and currently serves on the Finance Committee.
Ken said: “I have always worked hard for the interests of the town in trying to make Whittlesey a good place to live, work and visit”.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 4 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
He is currently a Cabinet Member on Fenland District Council with portfolio responsibilities for Safer and Stronger Communities (law and order, anti-social behaviour, CCTV etc.), Quality Organisation (Council services), Chairman of The Safer Fenland Partnership, Chairman of the Staff Committee and a member of the Corporate Governance Committee.
He is also a founder member of the Senior Citizens Advisory Group which gives advice to, and looks after the interests of the older residents of Fenland.
Ken can assure you that if you support him with your vote he will continue to work to the best of his ability for the interests of the residents of Whittlesey and Fenland.