MEET THE CANDIDATES: Ken Peachey (Conservative)
KEN Peachey is standing as a Conservative councillor for the St. Marys ward.
4 Munday Gardens, Whittlesey, Peterborough PE7 1FW
Tel: 01733 205586
KEN has lived in Whittlesey for 23 years when he moved there in 1988 to start a small building business employing local people.
You may also want to watch:
He has worked for many years with the Training and Enterprise Council (TEC) and the Business Link Organisation providing training and guidance for existing and start-up businesses.
He is an enthusiastic and positive person who uses his experience and skills to help residents and feels quite passionately about the town of Whittlesey.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 3 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 7 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 8 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 9 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
For the past four years, Ken has been the sitting councillor for St. Marys Ward and serves on the Planning Committee and the Overview & Scrutiny Panel at Fenland District Council.
He wants to continue to be a strong voice and make a positive contribution to the Whittlesey Town Council were he currently serves as Chairman of the Finance and Policy Committee.