MEET THE CANDIDATES: Ken Peachey (Conservative)
KEN Peachey is standing as a Conservative councillor for the St. Marys ward.
4 Munday Gardens, Whittlesey, Peterborough PE7 1FW
Tel: 01733 205586
KEN has lived in Whittlesey for 23 years when he moved there in 1988 to start a small building business employing local people.
You may also want to watch:
He has worked for many years with the Training and Enterprise Council (TEC) and the Business Link Organisation providing training and guidance for existing and start-up businesses.
He is an enthusiastic and positive person who uses his experience and skills to help residents and feels quite passionately about the town of Whittlesey.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 3 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 4 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 5 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Daisy, 7, 'overwhelmed' by support for first charity fundraiser
- 9 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
For the past four years, Ken has been the sitting councillor for St. Marys Ward and serves on the Planning Committee and the Overview & Scrutiny Panel at Fenland District Council.
He wants to continue to be a strong voice and make a positive contribution to the Whittlesey Town Council were he currently serves as Chairman of the Finance and Policy Committee.