MEET THE CANDIDATES: Kit Owen (Conservative)
KIT Owen stands for the Conservatives in March West for Fenland District Council.
Rookery Nook, 95b High Street, March PE15 9LH
Tel: 01354 654612
KIT, recently widowed, was married to Beverly with a daughter Lisa, who recently died, and a son Jonathan who lives in Texas.
Kit was born and brought up in the West Ward of March. He was educated at March Grammar school before working for a local newspaper. He was a Statistician in the Royal Air Force both at home and abroad for 12 years.
After pursuing various accounting careers in Spalding and Wisbech, he was then for 23 years employed in local government.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
Having served as a councillor for more than 30 years he has the interests of the town at heart. On five occasions he has been Town Mayor.
Kit is currently a Cabinet member of Fenland District Council, with responsibility for Shaping Fenland which includes Housing &, Planning Strategy, Roads and Transport.
In addition Kit has responsibility for Information Technology & Housing Benefits and is chairman of the Licensing Committee.
With an interest in the safety of the community Kit is Chairman of the Neighbourhood Forum.