MEET THE CANDIDATES: Kit Owen (Conservative)
KIT Owen stands for the Conservatives in March West for Fenland District Council.
Rookery Nook, 95b High Street, March PE15 9LH
Tel: 01354 654612
KIT, recently widowed, was married to Beverly with a daughter Lisa, who recently died, and a son Jonathan who lives in Texas.
You may also want to watch:
Kit was born and brought up in the West Ward of March. He was educated at March Grammar school before working for a local newspaper. He was a Statistician in the Royal Air Force both at home and abroad for 12 years.
After pursuing various accounting careers in Spalding and Wisbech, he was then for 23 years employed in local government.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 8 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 9 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
Having served as a councillor for more than 30 years he has the interests of the town at heart. On five occasions he has been Town Mayor.
Kit is currently a Cabinet member of Fenland District Council, with responsibility for Shaping Fenland which includes Housing &, Planning Strategy, Roads and Transport.
In addition Kit has responsibility for Information Technology & Housing Benefits and is chairman of the Licensing Committee.
With an interest in the safety of the community Kit is Chairman of the Neighbourhood Forum.