MEET THE CANDIDATES: Martin Field (Labour)
MARTIN Field is a Labour candidate in the March East Ward, standing for election to Fenland District Council.
MARTIN Field has been a teacher at Neale-Wade Community College in March for the last 17 years and both his sons are being educated there.
He was a cistrict councillor in March East in the 1990s where he was vice-chairman of the council and chairman of the Leisure Services Board.
He considers the National Health Service, comprehensive education, our tolerance of diversity and Radio 4 to be amongst the features that make him most proud to be British, so no wonder he is disgusted by Tory policies.
Since he was young, Martin has campaigned on issues of fairness, human rights, equality and the environment and considers that these all have relevance on a local, not just global, scale.
You may also want to watch:
His interests include music, reading and the theatre but he also guiltily enjoys computer games, Twitter and Facebook.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 10 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like