MEET THE CANDIDATES: Martin Field (Labour)
MARTIN Field is a Labour candidate in the March East Ward, standing for election to Fenland District Council.
MARTIN Field has been a teacher at Neale-Wade Community College in March for the last 17 years and both his sons are being educated there.
He was a cistrict councillor in March East in the 1990s where he was vice-chairman of the council and chairman of the Leisure Services Board.
He considers the National Health Service, comprehensive education, our tolerance of diversity and Radio 4 to be amongst the features that make him most proud to be British, so no wonder he is disgusted by Tory policies.
Since he was young, Martin has campaigned on issues of fairness, human rights, equality and the environment and considers that these all have relevance on a local, not just global, scale.
You may also want to watch:
His interests include music, reading and the theatre but he also guiltily enjoys computer games, Twitter and Facebook.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named