MEET THE CANDIDATES: Michael Humphrey (Conservative)
MICHAEL Humphrey is a candidate for the Roman Bank Ward of Fenland District Council.
MICHAEL J HUMPHREY
Aynsley Lodge, Allen’s Drove, Gorefield, Wisbech PE13 4PB
Tel: 01945 410436
MICHAEL was born in Gorefield where he continues to live and work on the family farm in Allen’s Drove. Married to Marie for 39 years they have a grown-up family Simon and Krystal.
You may also want to watch:
Michael first became a local councillor in 1991 being elected onto Leverington Parish Council. In 1993 he was elected onto the new Gorefield Parish Council and has held the office of Chairman until present.
Michael was elected onto Fenland District Council in 1995 and has served on several committees and outside bodies in that time gaining a wealth of experience of how local government works.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
Michael has been vice-chairman of Fenland District Council for the past two years and is presently chairman of the Overview & Scrutiny Panel looking at Performance. Michael also sits on the Corporate Governance, Licensing and Standards Committee.
As a local he knows the area well, and is well aware of the issues that concern people living and working in rural areas like the Roman Bank Ward.