MEET THE CANDIDATES: Peter Murphy (Conservative)
PETER Murphy is the Conservatives’ candidate for the Wenneye ward on Fenland District Council.
28 High Street, Chatteris PE16 6BG
Tel: 01354 692582
PETER was born in Chatteris and still lives in the town with his wife Angela and daughter Joanna, who attends Tennyson Lodge in March for adults with learning disabilities.
He has served on many committees such as Chatteris Christmas Lights and Chatteris Festival. He also serves on the Town Council and Fenland District Council.
Over the past two years Peter was Mayor of Chatteris, raising more than �3,000 for local charities.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 10 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
Peter said: “Together with my colleagues, we have been part of a team delivering a skateboard park, a recently started all-weather pitch and obtained funding for a 50-station gym and dance studio, and the culmination of the refurbishment of the King Edward Centre, which I opened in my capacity as Mayor of Chatteris.
“Thank you for taking time to read this. If you are able to spare the time to support me in this Town Council election, I would be extremely grateful and assure you of my commitment for Chatteris if re-elected.”