MEET THE CANDIDATES: Peter Murphy (Conservative)
PETER Murphy is the Conservatives’ candidate for the Wenneye ward on Fenland District Council.
28 High Street, Chatteris PE16 6BG
Tel: 01354 692582
PETER was born in Chatteris and still lives in the town with his wife Angela and daughter Joanna, who attends Tennyson Lodge in March for adults with learning disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
He has served on many committees such as Chatteris Christmas Lights and Chatteris Festival. He also serves on the Town Council and Fenland District Council.
Over the past two years Peter was Mayor of Chatteris, raising more than �3,000 for local charities.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
Peter said: “Together with my colleagues, we have been part of a team delivering a skateboard park, a recently started all-weather pitch and obtained funding for a 50-station gym and dance studio, and the culmination of the refurbishment of the King Edward Centre, which I opened in my capacity as Mayor of Chatteris.
“Thank you for taking time to read this. If you are able to spare the time to support me in this Town Council election, I would be extremely grateful and assure you of my commitment for Chatteris if re-elected.”