MEET THE CANDIDATES: Peter Murphy (Conservative)
PETER Murphy is the Conservatives’ candidate for the Wenneye ward on Fenland District Council.
28 High Street, Chatteris PE16 6BG
Tel: 01354 692582
PETER was born in Chatteris and still lives in the town with his wife Angela and daughter Joanna, who attends Tennyson Lodge in March for adults with learning disabilities.
He has served on many committees such as Chatteris Christmas Lights and Chatteris Festival. He also serves on the Town Council and Fenland District Council.
Over the past two years Peter was Mayor of Chatteris, raising more than �3,000 for local charities.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 6 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 7 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 8 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 9 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 10 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
Peter said: “Together with my colleagues, we have been part of a team delivering a skateboard park, a recently started all-weather pitch and obtained funding for a 50-station gym and dance studio, and the culmination of the refurbishment of the King Edward Centre, which I opened in my capacity as Mayor of Chatteris.
“Thank you for taking time to read this. If you are able to spare the time to support me in this Town Council election, I would be extremely grateful and assure you of my commitment for Chatteris if re-elected.”