MEET THE CANDIDATES: Peter Murphy (Conservative)
PETER Murphy is the Conservatives’ candidate for the Wenneye ward on Fenland District Council.
28 High Street, Chatteris PE16 6BG
Tel: 01354 692582
PETER was born in Chatteris and still lives in the town with his wife Angela and daughter Joanna, who attends Tennyson Lodge in March for adults with learning disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
He has served on many committees such as Chatteris Christmas Lights and Chatteris Festival. He also serves on the Town Council and Fenland District Council.
Over the past two years Peter was Mayor of Chatteris, raising more than �3,000 for local charities.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 3 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 6 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 8 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
Peter said: “Together with my colleagues, we have been part of a team delivering a skateboard park, a recently started all-weather pitch and obtained funding for a 50-station gym and dance studio, and the culmination of the refurbishment of the King Edward Centre, which I opened in my capacity as Mayor of Chatteris.
“Thank you for taking time to read this. If you are able to spare the time to support me in this Town Council election, I would be extremely grateful and assure you of my commitment for Chatteris if re-elected.”