MEET THE CANDIDATES: Philip Hatton (Conservative)
PHILIP Hatton stands for election to Fenland District Council in the Roman Bank Ward.
The Paddocks, Barton Road, Wisbech PE13 4TL
Tel: 01945 465982
PHILIP Hatton was born in Wisbech and married Pamela, a local girl from Wisbech St Mary.
For the first 13 years they lived in Gorefield before moving to Wisbech, currently living on the border of Roman Bank Ward near Leverington.
Phil said: “I joined Walpole Fruit Packers in Wisbech during 1972 as assistant transport manager and rapidly progressed to become group distribution director responsible for five large distribution depots around the country.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
“When the company was taken over I left in 1991 to set up The Test and Service Centre in Wisbech which is still operating today and owned by my son Wayne.
“I joined the Council in 2005 after a very successful by-election and am currently vice-chairman of the Planning Committee, vice-chairman of the Staff Committee and serve on the Licensing Committee.
“Having lived in the area all my life and the majority of this time in a rural location, I understand the difficulties and needs of the residents of these rural areas, and will strive to ensure that their unique lifestyles are maintained.
“I also currently assist my wife Pamela with her business as a Domiciliary Care Agency providing care in peoples own homes within Wisbech and the surrounding villages.”