MEET THE CANDIDATES: Robert Scrimshaw (Conservative)
ROBERT Scrimshaw is a Conservative candidate for Parson Drove and Wisbech St. Mary Ward on Fenland District Council.
The Rambles, Hooks Drove, Murrow, Wisbech PE13 4HH
Tel: 01945 700202 E-mail: www.necambsconservatives.com/pdandwsm
FOR the last two-and-a-half years Robert Scrimshaw has been represented the ward on Fenland District Council. During that time he has evolved as a community councillor.
You may also want to watch:
Robert was born in, has always lived in, works and socializes in this community. He is proud to be able to represents the residents’ views in council.
Robert sid: “During my time as your district councillor I campaigned for the grant of �15,000 for the Safer Routes to Pre-School to improve road safety outside Payne School, Parson Drove. Matched funding of �18,000 was also given for the skateboard ramp recreation area at Parson Drove.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 3 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 4 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
“This winter I succeeded in Front Road, Murrow, Seadyke Road and Black Drove being added to Cambridgeshire County Highways gritting programme, got the junction of the A47 resurfaced by pressurising the Highways Agency and arranged for the railings outside Guyhirn Church to be painted by the Community Payback Team.
“In listening to the concerns of residents, I was also successful in getting an old access track re-opened near the community centre in Wisbech St Mary.
“I have attended almost every meeting of Wisbech St Mary and Parson Drove Parish Councils.
“I am on several local committees:
• Chairman of the Parson Drove Street Pride Group
• EA Governor of Payne School, Parson Drove
• On the Advisory Board at Murrow Children’s Centre
• On the local Green Communities Committee
• Member of the Murrow School Safer Routes Committee
• Member of the Fenland Rural Road Safety Group
• For four years a volunteer sports co-ordinator for the Parson Drove Area
• Past Chairman of Parson Drove Cricket Club
• I attend the Fendis Golf Day as a volunteer
“On Fenland District Council I am on the Overview and Scrutiny Policy Panel, the Licensing Committee and the Planning Committee.
“I have worked extremely hard over the last two-and-a-half years and will continue to do so if elected as one of your Councillors. Please use your vote to allow me the opportunity to continue my work in the ward.”