Two men deny carrying out series of armed robberies in March and Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
Two men have denied carrying out armed raids on petrol stations and a convenience store in Chatteris and March last month.
Craig Downer, 28, of York Road, Wisbech, appeared alongside Michael Esaw, 31, of Low Road, Fenstanton, at Peterborough Crown Court today (February 26).
They pleaded not guilty to three counts of attempted armed robbery.
Both were arrested following the raids on January 25.
It is alleged that Esaw and Downer carried out at the raids at Cost Cutter in St Peter’s Road, March, at Robin Hood Service Station in Wimblington Road, March, and at Applegreen in West Park Street, Chatteris.
You may also want to watch:
The pair were remanded and a trial date was set for June 3.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital