Meningitis UK delighted with Chris Copeman’s fundraising efforts
I WAS sad to read that young Harry Copeman was struck down with meningitis when he was just aged three months.
However, everyone at Meningitis UK was touched to read he is doing well and his dad Chris has cycled from London to Paris, raising more than �1,000 for meningitis awareness.
Meningitis can strike with incredible speed and the symptoms are notoriously difficult to detect, often being confused with flu.
For these reasons, we believe preventative measures are the best solution.
Our sole focus is to fund the development of vaccines and other methods of preventing this devastating disease.
Our Search 4 A Vaccine Campaign aims to raise �7million to fund lifesaving research into stamping out all forms of meningitis.
In the absence of a vaccine, we also distribute a wide range of material to raise awareness of the common symptoms and the need to act quickly, which can mean the difference between life and death.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
If any of your readers would like a symptoms information pack, including wallet-sized symptoms cards, or to find out more about supporting our Search 4 a Vaccine Campaign, they can call Meningitis UK on 0117 947 6320 or visit www.meningitisUK.org