Illegal rave at Mepal Outdoor Centre on Christmas Day
- Credit: Archant
Two hundred people gained entry to an abandoned building in Mepal Outdoor Centre at around 11pm on Christmas Day.
“There were at least four police officers on the Chatteris Road site at any one time,” said a police spokesman.
“The officers monitored the situation and dealt with it in a proportionate manner.
“Everyone driving away from the site the following day was breathalysed and further checks were conducted to ensure they were fit to drive.
“Details of all of the vehicles on site were taken and officers are investigating an incident of criminal damage.”
You may also want to watch:
Mepal Outdoor Centre centre - originally formed from gravel workings - closed in December 2016 after a break-in which saw arsonists cause hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of damage.
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting incident 385 of December 25 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.