Mepal produce and craft show is a summer success
- Credit: Archant
Villagers showed off a range of talents at the Mepal Produce and Craft show.
The show is held annually, either in late August or early September, to showcase the culmination of village labours, whether they be in the garden, on the allotment or indoors.
A popular event, it includes fruit, vegetables, flowers, photographs, paintings, sewing, knitting and a host of craft.
A show spokesman said: “We were blessed with wonderful weather and possibly the hottest day of the summer. We would like to thank John Paul of Mepal Camera Club for recording the day.”
His shots can be seen on the Mepal Parish Council website.
You may also want to watch:
The Jack Hensby judges eye catcher trophy went to Kathy Smith for her patchwork quilt while three year old Skye Olivia Jones won most trophies in the children’s section for her artwork.
Trophies were presented by Sir Hugh Duberly KCVO CBE, Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache