Weather warning for high winds across region
- Credit: Archant
A weather warning is in place for Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire on Saturday, with high winds forecast.
Gusts approaching 50mph are being forecast, with winds peaking around lunchtime.
The Met Office yellow warning says: "A spell of strong winds may cause disruption on Saturday across parts of England and Wales, especially the southwest.
"There is a small chance of injuries and danger to life from flying debris, more likely across southwest England.
"There is a slight chance of some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs, more likely across southwest England."
You may also want to watch:
South-westerly winds are expected to cause rough seas and flying spray along the north west Norfolk coastline.
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 9 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement