Weather warning for high winds across region
- Credit: Archant
A weather warning is in place for Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire on Saturday, with high winds forecast.
Gusts approaching 50mph are being forecast, with winds peaking around lunchtime.
The Met Office yellow warning says: "A spell of strong winds may cause disruption on Saturday across parts of England and Wales, especially the southwest.
"There is a small chance of injuries and danger to life from flying debris, more likely across southwest England.
"There is a slight chance of some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs, more likely across southwest England."
You may also want to watch:
South-westerly winds are expected to cause rough seas and flying spray along the north west Norfolk coastline.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 10 Letter: March Summer Festival cancelled for second year