Weather warning for high winds across region
- Credit: Archant
A weather warning is in place for Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire on Saturday, with high winds forecast.
Gusts approaching 50mph are being forecast, with winds peaking around lunchtime.
The Met Office yellow warning says: "A spell of strong winds may cause disruption on Saturday across parts of England and Wales, especially the southwest.
"There is a small chance of injuries and danger to life from flying debris, more likely across southwest England.
"There is a slight chance of some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs, more likely across southwest England."
South-westerly winds are expected to cause rough seas and flying spray along the north west Norfolk coastline.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 4 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store