MINI GALLERY: Mayor grabs pizza the action as Domino’s opens in March
HUNGRY customers queued for a tasty slice of pepperoni after Domino’s Pizza finally opened its doors in March.
There wasn’t much room in the chain’s new Broad Street premises as people could not wait to get their hands on the food outlet’s specials such as a Beef Mexicano or Bacon Double Cheese.
Mayor Jan French was on hand to welcome new customers to the store and congratulate manager Jamie McGrath on the opening, which has provided dozens of new jobs for people in Fenland.
“I was delighted to be able to open it but even more delighted that it will create 30 full and part-time jobs in the town,” she said.
The pizza delivery company will now open daily from 10am until 11.45pm to serve customers who want a snack or are just a little bit too exhausted to cook at home after a long day at work.
You may also want to watch:
It took over the old Walkers bookshop and Thorntons chocolate store premises, which closed earlier in the year.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire