MINI GALLERY: Some of the action and fun from Whittlesey’s Jubilee celebrations
DEAR Whittlesey, said the invitation on community website Shape Your Place.
“You are all invited to attend the heritage food festival and town jubilee festival at the Manor Leisure Centre on Monday, June 4.”
And attend they did, in their hundreds as a bumper crowd came together to celebrate in style with a packed programme that catered for all age groups and interests.
Councillor Martin Curtis – who incidentally doubled as our photographer for the day- said he was “quite emotional about how well Whittlesey has celebrated the Jubilee today. The town has done itself proud.”
One of the busiest people over Jubilee weekend was MP Steve Barclay who found time, also, to pop into the Whittlesey celebrations.
You may also want to watch:
Estimates of those attending varied but some believed up to 5,000 attended throughout the day which culminated in a firework display in the evening.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire