MINI GALLERY: Weekend of song for Witchford Voices over the Jubilee holiday
MEMBERS of the hugely successful Witchford Voices choir spent the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee holiday on a tour of Belgian cities, for a weekend of song.
They performed in the world famous Bruges market square, as well as a 13th century church in Ghent, and a residential care home for the elderly in Damme.
Choir Manager, Keith Gallois said: “After the success of our winter cathedral performance, we wanted to give the choir another memorable experience, and going on tour seemed a great way to do this. We were extended a very warm welcome in Belgium.”
For a choir that only started in 2010, it has certainly been a busy two years: with two albums released, and a sellout concert in Ely Cathedral back in October.
With the support of Witchford based coach company Grey’s, almost 100 choir members and their families travelled across to Belgium for the tour.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, go to the website www.witchfordvoices.com, or follow the choir on Follow us on twitter @witchfordvoices
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire