MINI GALLERY: Weekend of song for Witchford Voices over the Jubilee holiday
MEMBERS of the hugely successful Witchford Voices choir spent the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee holiday on a tour of Belgian cities, for a weekend of song.
They performed in the world famous Bruges market square, as well as a 13th century church in Ghent, and a residential care home for the elderly in Damme.
Choir Manager, Keith Gallois said: “After the success of our winter cathedral performance, we wanted to give the choir another memorable experience, and going on tour seemed a great way to do this. We were extended a very warm welcome in Belgium.”
For a choir that only started in 2010, it has certainly been a busy two years: with two albums released, and a sellout concert in Ely Cathedral back in October.
With the support of Witchford based coach company Grey’s, almost 100 choir members and their families travelled across to Belgium for the tour.
For more information, go to the website www.witchfordvoices.com, or follow the choir on Follow us on twitter @witchfordvoices
- 1 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 2 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 3 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 4 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 5 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 6 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 7 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told