Miracle escape as motorist is cut free after car loses control and overturns in a ditch on the A141 at Wimblington
- Credit: Archant
A motorist had to be cut free when his car was involved in a collision and ended up overturned in a ditch.
One crew from Chatteris fire station and one crew from March were called to a road traffic collision on the A141 at Wimblington.
A car was upside down on its roof in a ditch on the side of the road. Crews used specialist cutting equipment to release one male casualty.
Crews returned to their stations by 12.10am.
The collision happened at around 10pm when the dark blue Vauxhall Vectra left the road on the March to Chatteris bypass.
It appears only one car was involved and had a male driver with no passengers.
Two fire engines, four police cars and an ambulance attended. The car door was removed to gain access to the driver.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier