Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- Credit: Mark Kerridge
A dog that went missing after running away from its lead has been found thanks to drone footage.
Buddy, who lives with his owner, Mark Kerridge, ran away from Jeffery Avenue in Walsoken yesterday morning (Sunday July 25).
Mark, who is currently on holiday, put a plea out on social media, asking everyone to look out for Buddy.
Luckily, people responded and Mark found someone who was willing to help by flying a drone around in hopes of finding his dog.
Matt Pancutt, a local SAR pilot, flew the drone up around the area, eventually finding Buddy at the edge of a field.
Mark said: “My friends all responded quickly by heading to the area where Buddy had been spotted on camera by the drone footage he [Matt] had got.
“A good friend of mine, Eddie Revell, caught Buddy, and he’s now back in safe hands.”
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 5 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 6 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 9 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
“I’m so relieved, this dog means everything to me.”