Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- Credit: Mark Kerridge
A dog that went missing after running away from its lead has been found thanks to drone footage.
Buddy, who lives with his owner, Mark Kerridge, ran away from Jeffery Avenue in Walsoken yesterday morning (Sunday July 25).
Mark, who is currently on holiday, put a plea out on social media, asking everyone to look out for Buddy.
Luckily, people responded and Mark found someone who was willing to help by flying a drone around in hopes of finding his dog.
Matt Pancutt, a local SAR pilot, flew the drone up around the area, eventually finding Buddy at the edge of a field.
Mark said: “My friends all responded quickly by heading to the area where Buddy had been spotted on camera by the drone footage he [Matt] had got.
“A good friend of mine, Eddie Revell, caught Buddy, and he’s now back in safe hands.”
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 9 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
“I’m so relieved, this dog means everything to me.”