‘Keep your eyes open for my dinner plate size terrapin’: Doddington woman on the hunt for her missing terrapin that’s been gone for three months
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Doddington is on the hunt for her “dinner plate size” pet terrapin that went missing from her home around three months ago.
Annie Kristiansen of Dykemoor Drove says her beloved pet could be in the River Nene or the Forty Foot Drain by now and is appealing to fishermen and boaters.
Ms Kristiansen, who’s been keeping the animals for 15 years, has two terrapins and they are both good friends. She says the remaining one is missing its pond companion.
She said: “This isn’t the first time she has escaped. She went away last year but returned after just a couple of days. The females go away to lay their eggs.
“When I originally built the pond it was like Fort Knox but now it’s easier for them to just roam around. They never usually leave the garden.”
You may also want to watch:
The concerned terrapin owner says if her pet is still alive she may be hiding in a ditch and is calling for dog walkers to be vigilant.
She added: “You’ll know when a terrapin is around because you’ll hear a big plop sound. If you waggle your fingers in the water she will swim over to you.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
“She will not bit you and can easily be picked up. So if you spot her or hear any big plop sounds please call me as soon as possible.”
If you think you’ve spotted Annie’s pet terrapin, call 01354 677010. She said: “She means the world to me and her friend is missing her.”