Man’s missing cat hunt goes viral after his plea to find Wilson receives more than 8,700 shares
- Credit: Archant
The world of Twitter has been put on ‘cat watch’ to help a Cambridgeshire journalist find his beloved pet.
A post to find the missing car has gone viral after Michael Clarke uploaded adorable photos of his missing feline to Twitter
Mr Clarke shared three snaps of Wilson on his Twitter page with a plea to find where he is.
He said: “I don’t expect to get anywhere with this tweet. I guess it’s worth a try. Wilson has been missing for a few weeks now. I’m devastated!
“I live in a farm house in the middle of Newborough and Eye. If you see anything (including cat like him being sold) please get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
Since the tweet was posted on Monday, August 13, it has had more than 8,700 re-tweets, 5,600 likes and over 600 comments.
Users have been in suspense as dozens of people have replied saying they think they’ve spotted Wilson, one person said: “This suspense is killing me.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
Mr Clarke added: I’ve messaged all local missing animal sites. He is chipped but nothing reported.
“There have been possible sightings in Eye and I’ve looked thoroughly. I have reason to believe he was stolen.
“I’m overwhelmed with the support finding Wilson! Thank you! I’ve two very strong leads.”
If you think you’ve spotted Wilson, email: email@example.com