Model car racing fans come from far and wide for March Raceway meet
- Credit: Archant
More than 40 model car racing fanatics travelled from all over the country to take part in a thriving March club’s most recent race day on Sunday.
March Raceway, which meets at Westwood Junior School, holds radio controlled Banger, Hotrod, Saloon, Mini, Stockcar, Reliant and Classic Hotrod races.
The event raised £200 for charity Fords Care, which cares for racers who have sustained injuries on the track.
Also on the day, the group continued to show its support to a campaign to keep open banger track Mildenhall Stadium, which is threatened by closure after neighbours complained about noise.
Treasurer Mark Hubbard said: “A petition to keep it open has already got more than 20,000 signatures. If it is closed it could set a precedent for other people to push for tracks to be closed.”
For about £100 a car can be picked up ready to race and in the club shop, which sells stuff at cost, spare parts and build your own kits are among the items that can be bought to get people up and running.
For more information visit www.marchraceway.weebly.com.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 3 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 6 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 7 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 8 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life