Model car racing fans come from far and wide for March Raceway meet
- Credit: Archant
More than 40 model car racing fanatics travelled from all over the country to take part in a thriving March club’s most recent race day on Sunday.
March Raceway, which meets at Westwood Junior School, holds radio controlled Banger, Hotrod, Saloon, Mini, Stockcar, Reliant and Classic Hotrod races.
The event raised £200 for charity Fords Care, which cares for racers who have sustained injuries on the track.
Also on the day, the group continued to show its support to a campaign to keep open banger track Mildenhall Stadium, which is threatened by closure after neighbours complained about noise.
Treasurer Mark Hubbard said: “A petition to keep it open has already got more than 20,000 signatures. If it is closed it could set a precedent for other people to push for tracks to be closed.”
You may also want to watch:
For about £100 a car can be picked up ready to race and in the club shop, which sells stuff at cost, spare parts and build your own kits are among the items that can be bought to get people up and running.
For more information visit www.marchraceway.weebly.com.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder