Model railway enthusiasts learn about March club at open day
- Credit: Archant
A new wave of model railway enthusiasts was welcomed at an annual open day in March.
Revellers joined members of the March & District Model Railway Club at The Scout Hall on Saturday (October 5).
Demonstrations, trade stalls and three layouts were on display so that people could find out more about the club and what they do.
"It was great to see younger people come and spend their time on the digital layout which is always good to see," Keith Sharp, chair, said.
"People were very interested in the demonstrations that we put on and there were a lot of questions asked and inquiries about joining the club."
You may also want to watch:
The main draw prize was donated by Hornby Hobbies.
The club holds its annual exhibition in March each year.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
Keith, who has been a member for 10 years, continued: "It has always been a passion of mine so it is nice to share it with others and get younger people involved.
"We had a really successful day."