A gem of a modelling opportunity for Miss England hopeful Amber
- Credit: Archant
A March student has been selected for the prestigious Miss England competition.
Former Westwood Junior and Neale Wade Community College student, Amber Twell, 16, has made her way to the semi finals of the Miss England event being held in May.
Since Amber was accepted by Stomp Models and Models Plus she has won the Miss Fresh Photographic heat three title and came second in Miss Fresh Teen 2013.
She won the face of the hair group in 2013.
Amber said: “I am intensely interested in fashion and modelling. At school I was a prefect & my main ambition is to win Miss England and go to Miss World."
You may also want to watch:
“I obtained 10 GCSE\’s last year and I am now in the sixth form at Kings, Ely, having obtained a scholarship in Drama.“
Amber will now go forward to the Miss England semi final held at Kelham Hall in Newark on May 19th.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
During the lead up to the semi final, Amber will be invited to help raise funds for Beauty with a Purpose which helps disadvantaged children worldwide.
In the last three years Miss England contestants have raised more than £550,000 for children in the UK including £250,000 for the Variety Children’s charity.
Funds have been used to buy specially adapted minibuses and equipment for the charities.
The first prize for Miss England is a £25,000 package including a luxury holiday to Mauritius and a place in Miss World where she stands to win $100,000.