Monte Carlo Or Bust - four friends from March take part in a 1,000 mile rally in a £260 car from ebay
- Credit: Archant
A group of friends are more than half way to their fund raising target ready for when they take part in a marathon car rally in a 40 year old banger.
The four will be driving an R reg Mercedes from Belgium to Monte Carlo to raise money for the Magpas air ambulance.
So far they have raised £955 towards a target of £1,500.
They join 80 other motorists taking part in the Monte Carlo or Bust rally that starts on Friday June 2 and ends on Sunday 4.
Starting at Namur in Belgium, which in itself is a 340 mile drive from March, they must then complete 1,000 miles to reach Monte Carlo.
You may also want to watch:
The rally is not a race but instead each day the teams are set various challenges by the organisers, and all meet each evening at an end of the day rendezvous.
Rules state that the rally car should not cost more than £300 to buy - the March team bought theirs from ebay for £260.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Support Necessary is made up of Andrew Welbourne, Nick Fox, David Heading and Jon Peck.
Four friends since their early teens, the rally is something they have wanted to do for many years and have finally arranged.
All car fanatics they are funding the whole trip themselves, so that all money raised goes to Magpas.
The Car is an R Reg, Mercedes E Class Estate which is beginning to get covered in stickers of sponsorship stickers from local businesses.
If you are interested in sponsoring contact Kathryn on 07593 222292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
To donate visit Just Giving
Follow them on Facebook