Monthly quizzes at The Honest John pub keep Chatteris lit up at Christmas
- Credit: Archant
The Honest John pub’s monthly fundraising quizzes are ensuring Chatteris stays lit up at Christmas time.
At the pub’s first quiz of 2016, on January 24, a cheque for £750, raised from 2015’s quizzes, was presented to Reg Tibbitts, treasurer of Chatteris Christmas Lights.
Mr Tibbitts said: “We’re very pleased to accept the cheque which will help us continue to light up Chatteris every Christmas.”
Chris Cole, quiz master, added: “It’s great that we can continue to support the Christmas Lights whose annual display gives so much pleasure to the community.”
Richard Savage, owner of The Honest John, said: “The Christmas Lights group work very hard to light up Chatteris for the festive period.
You may also want to watch:
“The display is always fantastic and they are a very worthy local cause.”
In 2016, the Honest John quizzes will continue to support Chatteris Christmas Lights.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
The next quiz will be held on Sunday February 21 from 8pm.
For more information, contact Richard on 01354 692 698 or email email@example.com.