Moped riders flee scene of crash
- Credit: Cambs Police
Two people on a moped in Chatteris crashed with a car – and both fled.
No arrests have yet been made.
Police say one of them wasn’t wearing a helmet “making us concerned for their welfare”.
The crash happened at around 8.15pm on Monday when the moped collided with a car at the junction of Furrowfields Road and High Street, Chatteris.
“The riders of the moped ran off immediately after the collision down Furrowfields Road towards the park,” said a police spokesperson.
You may also want to watch:
“One wasn't wearing a helmet making us concerned about their welfare.
“If anyone has any information, please send us a private message or contact 101 quoting incident ref: CC-06092021-0468.”
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 5 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 6 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
A police spokesperson later added: “From ours logs it looks as though a moped collided with a car in Furrowfields Road at about 8.20pm last night (Monday) and two people made off from the moped.
“No injuries. No arrests.”
The spokesperson confirmed that “the car wasn’t a police vehicle”.