Moped riders flee scene of crash
- Credit: Cambs Police
Two people on a moped in Chatteris crashed with a car – and both fled.
No arrests have yet been made.
Police say one of them wasn’t wearing a helmet “making us concerned for their welfare”.
The crash happened at around 8.15pm on Monday when the moped collided with a car at the junction of Furrowfields Road and High Street, Chatteris.
“The riders of the moped ran off immediately after the collision down Furrowfields Road towards the park,” said a police spokesperson.
“One wasn't wearing a helmet making us concerned about their welfare.
“If anyone has any information, please send us a private message or contact 101 quoting incident ref: CC-06092021-0468.”
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 3 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 4 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 5 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 6 Motorcyclist killed after driver fell asleep at the wheel
- 7 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 8 Man arrested following Peterborough 'murder'
- 9 Man charged following Peterborough murder
- 10 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
A police spokesperson later added: “From ours logs it looks as though a moped collided with a car in Furrowfields Road at about 8.20pm last night (Monday) and two people made off from the moped.
“No injuries. No arrests.”
The spokesperson confirmed that “the car wasn’t a police vehicle”.