More help on its way for the bereaved as charity CRUSE launches programme to recruit volunteers in Fenland
- Credit: Archant
Help for the bereaved is to be improved after the charity CRUSE announced it is to resume its one to one support across Fenland.
CRUSE was forced to suspend the support for new clients in March, Chatteris, Wisbech and surrounding villages earlier this year due to a shortage of trained volunteers.
Now the bereavement charity it to launch a volunteer training course at March Youth and Community Centre which will start on Saturday February 28 and will run for eight Saturdays (non-consecutive) finishing on May 16.
Open evenings are also being held at the Rosmini Centre, Wisbech on Saturday November 15 from 2.30pm to 4pm and the March Youth and Community Centre on Monday November 17 from 7pm to 9pm for anyone wishing to find out more about training.
Rachel, who lives in the Ely area, has been a CRUSE volunteer for seven years and also takes the training course the charity runs for its new recruits.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It is a very rewarding role. You can be helping someone come to terms with a recent loss, or one that happened years ago which they have never dealt with properly.”
Volunteers belong to groups that cover specific areas and Rachel is part of the team operating in the Ely area that covers places such as Littleport, Little Downham, Mepal and Coveney.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Clients are able to access these services by telephoning Helpline Volunteers on 01223 633536.
For further information and an application form please contact: Cambridge Cruse on 01223 302662 or email: email@example.com