More jobs promised for March as Weatherspoon win approval to convert office block to 12 bedroom hotel
- Credit: Archant
Extra jobs are promised by Wetherspoon who have won permission to convert the former Middle Level Commissioners office to a hotel.
Fenland District Council approved Wetherspoon’s application for the Dartford Road, March, building which will see it become a 12 bedroom hotel.
They also approved an application to extend the pub beer garden and build a barbecue area.
Wetherspoon has owned the next door Hippodrome since 2011 and say the hotel extension will be a boost for the
A company spokesman said: “JD Wetherspoon intends to invest a significant sum of money into the refurbishment project which would bring new confidence to the area and establish a new hotel within the town centre assisting the regeneration of March.
You may also want to watch:
“Daytime activity will be increased whilst the evening economy would be improved. Furthermore, a significant number of new jobs will be created, employing locally recruited staff.”
One resident objected citing noise and litter concerns but the council says it is satisfied a wall around the beer garden will address these issues.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
Officers also said the lack of on-site parking will be alleviated by the building’s town centre location, which provides it with good access to public transport.