More parking tickets issued outside school as dangerous parking crackdown continues
- Credit: Archant
Three more parking tickets were issued outside a Fenland school this morning as police continued their crackdown on dangerous parking.
The tickets were handed out outside Glebelands School, Chatteris.
Head teacher Lisa Sharratt said: “Parents have been warned many times and we are grateful for police intervention to prevent a serious accident.”
The crackdown has gathered more support on the Policing March and Chatteris Facebook page.
One poster, Helen Louise Gardner, said: “Good! With no zebra crossing it is so hard to see any cars coming and it’s surprising that no-one has been knocked down so far!
“Go park on New Road - and don’t say there are no spaces because there are!”
Leah Templeman added: “At the end of the day Chatteris isn’t a big town therefore people should be walking to school anyway. Driving on the school run is so lazy.”
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 7 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 8 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Couple up for the challenge as new high street shop launched
Yesterday, three tickets were issued for dangerous parking outside Thomas Eaton School, Wimblington.
A police spokesman said: “Please can parents consider parking safely when taking children to school.”