More than 200 people compete for 15 PCSO jobs at Cambs Police
CAMBRIDGESHIRE Police have seen 235 people apply to become a Police Community Support Officer (PCSO).
The applications were received over the course of a week and applicants are competing for just 15 roles, within the initial November intake with a potential further intake predicted for early 2012.
The current recruitment phase has now ended and no more applications can be submitted.
Raphael Frascogna, trainee HR manager, said: “We have been very impressed by the number of people wanting to join the force as a PCSO.
“Unfortunately this phase of recruitment has now ended and we are now looking at the applications to select those who will be invited to our forthcoming assessment centre.
PCSOs provide a high-profile visible uniformed presence to support communities by assisting in minimising incidents of anti-social behaviour, reducing the fear of crime and reassuring the public - ultimately helping to make Cambridgeshire a safer place to live and work.”
PCSOs are actively involved in the community – attending local meetings, working with partner agencies, offering crime prevention advice and taking part in foot patrols where they can what with members of the community about issues in their area.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 5 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 6 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 9 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
Any future recruitment will be advertised on our website at - www.cambs.police.uk/recruitment. At this time there is currently no date confirmed for when further PCSO applications may be invited.