More than £3,000 raised in just two days for stray dog found in Ely
Two days and a couple of social media posts are all it took to start transforming the life of an abandoned lurcher in urgent need of leg surgery.
The future looked bleak for one year old Harley when he arrived at Wood Green Animals Charity with a broken leg and in need of a home.
But, just two days after posting a picture of the dog on its Facebook page, the Wood Green team received an impressive total of £3242 in public donations enabling them to fund crucial surgical procedures at the Animal Health Trust in Newmarket.
“Harley was found as a stray in Ely and urgently needed significant surgery for his leg which we knew would be costly,” said Vanessa Cunningham.
Wood Green has used social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook since 2008 to post pictures of animals looking for homes at their Godmanchester, Heydon, Northampton and London Centres.
You may also want to watch:
Vanessa added: “Harley prompted a strong reaction among our followers – and very quickly.
“It’s thanks to that generous response that we were able to instruct surgery at the Animal Health Trust and will be in a position to find Harley a loving forever home after he has recuperated in a foster home.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
To follow the story of Harley and others at Wood Green you can find them on Twitter@wood_green or on Facebook.
To talk to someone about fostering a dog like Harley as part of the charity’s Fostering Circle, call 0844 241 8181.